...

Dogs or cats? (To prove Mr. Starace wrong)

Non Intuitive Media Platforms 1/14/18




        I think the key to a well-performing and successful media site is intuition. If a site is not easy to operate or figure out within the first couple times using it, the majority of the potential audience is lost. 
       Before I chose to write about this topic, I was thinking about a different subject. I had imported my images (about five) to blogger and was trying to format it properly. I kept jumping back and forth between the post "composition" window and the "preview" window, trying to get the pictures to appear well-formatted. I spent easily over ten minutes trying to get the pictures to align the way I wanted them to. Eventually, after searching for multiple solutions, I gave up, because blogger's formatting wasn't letting me put the pictures where I wanted them. 
        Looking around at the successful media sites, such as Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, etc., they all have at least one factor in common: they are easy to use. The second you download an app such as Snapchat and open it, you can create an account and send your first snap in a matter of minutes. Unlike blogger, Snapchat has been created to have a user-friendly interface. 
        All of the successful websites are designed with the user in mind, making sure that they can give the user an easy experience. Especially now more than ever, if a media platform is difficult to grasp or make use of, people will give up quickly. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Living in a Privacy-Free Age 12/15/17

Harmful Effects of Social Media's Techniques of Dragging us in Outside of the Platforms 1/5/18

"Merchants of Cool" and the Unsustainable Fashion Industry 1/6/18